Friday, July 29, 2016

Would Hillary Clinton's Election As U.S. President Violate 22nd Amendment To U.S. Constitution?

According to the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President MORE THAN TWICE, and no person who has held the office of President, OR ACTED AS PRESIDENT, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President MORE THAN ONCE..."

Yet in her 2003 book Living History (for which she was paid more than $10 million in a book advance and book royalties by the Viacom-CBS media conglomerate's Simon & Schuster book publishing subsidiary), former President Bill Clinton's wife--2016 Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton--wrote the following:

"About...8 years I spent in the White House...with Bill Clinton...I walked into the White House on January 20, 1993...

"By the time I crossed the threshold of the White House, I had been shaped by my family upbringing...as the daughter of a staunch conservative father and...Bill's wife...

"Since leaving the White House I...embarked on a phase of my life as a U.S. Senator from New York...This memoir illustrates how my success as a candidate for the Senate arose out of...White House...

"My husband assumed the Presidency...I supported his agenda...He left office in January 2001...

"My 8 years in the White House tested...our nation's Constitution...This book is the story of how I experienced those 8 years.." 

No comments: